Connect. Create. Contribute.
What is REAL?
» Hands-on learning for every VCU student
Welcome to the REAL website! We hope students, faculty, staff, and community partners alike will find these pages to be a valuable digital resource for experiential learning at VCU.
For students, the REAL website provides a central place to find experiential learning experiences, learn what the REAL levels mean, and to ask questions that you need answered.
For faculty and staff
For faculty and staff, this website offers resources for navigating experiential learning during COVID-19, information about the REAL academic regulation, as well as tools for using Student Opportunities Center.
For community partners
On this website, our community partners can find guidance on hiring and recruiting during COVID-19.
Types of REAL activities
A wide variety of academic activities qualify as a REAL experience:
- Capstone experiences
- Integrative learning experiences
- Career exploration and development activities
- Interprofessional collaboration
- Civic learning and engagement
- Leadership education
- Living-learning communities
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation activities
- Project/performance-based learning
- Field experiences
- Practicums/clinical placements
- Independent studies
- Service learning
Want to learn more?
Ask your academic advisor, or contact us at email@example.com.